General Terms & Conditions
Credit card details OR NZ$500.00 is required as a bond and may be requested prior to the commencement of your stay (typically 21 days prior to arrival or at time of booking if booking within 21 days of arrival). A higher bond may be specified if you have a large number of guests, pets or other special circumstances.
The cardholder/payee is responsible for leaving the property neat & tidy & its chattels, furnishings & grounds in the condition found at arrival. You, as the person making the booking, must be present and onsite at the property throughout the stay, unless agreed in writing by Holiday Nelson
By proceeding with this booking you authorise Holiday Nelson Limited to charge the card/bond for the fair cost of unavailability, replacement, repair, or services required to restore the property, its chattels, furnishings or grounds to the condition found at arrival, where it can be established that such issues arose in the course of your stay & where these issues cannot be attributed to fair wear & tear.
Should a claim for recovery of costs exceed the bond, an invoice will be raised for immediate payment of the remaining amount.
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply if the property is used for business purposes.
Cancellation by Guest(s)
- For cancellations made more than 21 days prior to arrival, an 80% refund of the total booking value is available (the initial 20% deposit is non-refundable).
- For cancellations made 21 days ~ 16 days prior to arrival, a 50% refund of the total booking value is available.
- For cancellations made 15 days ~ 8 days prior to arrival, a 25% refund of the total booking value is available.
- For cancellations made within 7 days of arrival, a refund is not available.
This cancellation policy also applies to changes which decrease the overall value of a booking, for example decreasing the number of guests staying or shortening the length of stay.
If postponing your booking to a future date may be possible or if you have special circumstances that would warrant compassionate consideration, please contact us before cancelling your booking so that we may discuss postponement or credit options with you.
Cancellation by Holiday Nelson
In the unlikely event that an availability or pricing error occurs at the time of booking, or that a property becomes unavailable as accommodation (for example in the event of damage by natural disaster, unavailability of critical services such as electricity or hot water, or unexpected sale by the owner), then Holiday Nelson will undertake to provide alternatives/arrangements that are agreeable to the guest(s) and/or will provide a full refund of any amounts paid to Holiday Nelson. Neither Holiday Nelson, nor the property owner will have any further liability in connection with the unavailability of the property.
Holiday Nelson and/or the property owner reserve the right to cancel a booking where it reasonably believes that the terms of stay may be breached or where references & assurances, where requested from guests, are not provided.
Holiday Nelson and/or the property owner reserves the right to cancel a booking where the payment terms are not honoured by the Guest. Standard cancellation terms would apply with respect to refunds.
In the event that the terms and conditions of accommodation are seriously breached, Holiday Nelson and/or the property owner reserve the right to evict the guest(s). Under such circumstances, compensation will not be due to the guests and the guest shall remain liable for any breakages, emergency cleaning and or additional cleaning charges.
This policy applies to all existing and future bookings where government restrictions prevent travel to the booked property for your intended stay. Postponement of affected bookings is offered on the following bases:
- The postponed stay is to be completed within 18-months of the original booking,
- Is subject to availability of the property,
- The total booking value may not be decreased,
- A seasonal rate increase may apply if dates are moved from a lower to higher rate season,
- Postponed dates, once set, cannot be moved without agreement.
- Charges for additional date changes may apply.
Please contact us as early as possible to request this special postponement. Requests made within 3-weeks of the original arrival date may be declined except where travel restrictions are imposed within this period.
Holiday Nelson acts as Agent for the accommodation owner. These Terms are for the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by, the Property owner under the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982.
A deposit of 20% of the total will be charged to your Visa or MasterCard to secure your reservation with the balance payable & bond or card details required 21 days (3 weeks) prior to arrival. If you wish to secure your stay by bank or international transfer please Contact Us for more details.
For bookings commencing more than 21 days from time of booking the rental balance will be charged to your card 21 days prior to commencement of the stay.
For bookings commencing less than 21 days from time of booking the rental balance will be charged to your card upon or soon after receipt of your booking.
Please note an NZ$25.00 booking fee applies to each booking.
MasterCard or Visa accepted (2.75% credit card surcharge applies).
Payment reminders are not automatically provided before charging of the rental balance. If you require a reminder, wish to alter the payment card details or make this payment by another means please Contact Us as early as possible.
Arrival instructions will be emailed upon completion of billing & verification of the bond.
Prices & Payments
All prices displayed on this website are in New Zealand Dollars and may be changed at any time without notice. Holiday Nelson is a New Zealand owned company. Booking and payment for the accommodation must be made by a valid credit or debit card on www.holidaynelson.co.nz, using Visa or MasterCard. For your security, Holiday Nelson prefers that payments are processed through DPS (trading as Windcave Payline and Payment Express), although card details may be processed over the phone, and bank transfers or international fund transfers may be accepted by request.
Unless otherwise stated, the fair & standard use of all utilities & internet is included in the tariff for your stay. Fair use is defined as normal usage based on the size and nature of the property, the number of guests staying & the time of the year.
Where non-fair or excessive usage is deemed to have occurred, the excessive portion of overall usage will be billed to the guest & invoiced or deducted from the bond.
Non-fair or excessive usage may occur as a result of leaving appliances running for unnecessarily long periods, leaving appliances such as air-conditioning or heaters running continuously or while windows/doors are left open. Please refer to our Internet Usage Policy for more information about data usage.
Internet Usage Policy
Free WiFi internet is provided at most properties for web browsing & communication.
Where unlimited internet is available data restrictions do not apply. Where data is limited, the internet is not to be used for heavy streaming or downloading.
If you have high data requirements or specific speed requirements please contact us in advance to discuss your needs and we can review temporary upgrade options and costs.
Legal usage - It is the responsibility of the booking guest to ensure that the internet at the property is used for legal and reputable purposes only. If there is any illegal usage, the booking guest will be held fully accountable for this illegal action & any resulting fines, administration & reconnection costs will be charged to the bond.
Haumoana Booking Eligibility
Haumoana is only available to shareholders of Wakatu Incorporation. This property cannot be booked by the general public.
For shareholders booking Haumoana please refer to the Terms & Conditions on the property listing page.
Latitude 41 Building Apartment Tenant Forms & Body Corporate Rules
Includes Latitude Apartment, Sea Path Apartment, Seaside Luxury & Sea Eagle Apartments. Tenant Forms & Body Corporate Rules apply for guests staying at any of our Latitude 41 apartments. Please familiarise yourself with these forms - they will be provided to you for signing at check-in.
General Inclusions for bookings
Unless otherwise stated on the listing or booking confirmation, the following inclusions apply:
- Extended business hours on-call property manager support
- All properties are fully-furnished (more or less as photographed)
- All utilities are included (please note a fair use policy applies & excessive use will be chargeable - see Fair-use Policy).
- All linens are included
- Linen service and end of stay housekeeping are included in the final quotations provided once Book Now is selected (also see: Cleaning at Departure - Guest & Housekeeper Responsibilities).
- Mid-stay linen-service and housekeeping is available by request or may be included in some cases (please enquire for more information)
- Early check-in / late check-out options can be purchased (please see Check-in/Check-out notes below)
- Portacot and high-chair hire available.
- WiFi Internet is included (some conditions may apply)
- Other features & amenities as shown on property listings
For long stays where an accommodation agreement has been provided, please refer to the accommodation agreement for inclusions and other terms and conditions.
For tenancies, please refer to the tenancy agreement for inclusions and other terms and conditions.
Guest Rules & Responsibilities
No Parties, No Venue Use, No unadvised guests, No illegal substances
Properties may not be booked for use as party or function venues and illegal substances are strictly prohibited at properties.
Properties are made available on a per-person basis & only for guests that form part of the booking.
Holiday Nelson reserves the right to cancel the booking where terms and conditions are breached or where there is insufficient assurance that intending guests will comply with terms and conditions. Holiday Nelson reserves the right to request paid bonds and references where necessary.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions in regard to this policy or you need to update your booking details.
At properties where Self-check-in is available
Check-in is possible anytime after 2pm or 3pm (as specified in listing & arrival details) or from 12pm/noon where the option of early check-in has been purchased.
Early check-in (12pm/noon or in some cases earlier) can usually be offered for an additional charge. Please request this at the time of booking or at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.
At properties where Meet & Greet is required for access
Check-in is possible anytime after 2pm or 3pm (as specified in listing & arrival details) or from 12pm/noon where the option of early check-in has been purchased.
Please try to arrive during business hours where possible (our team are available 7 days a week as late as 8pm).
Late arrivals are available on request for an additional charge of NZ$50.00.
Early check-in (12pm/noon and in some cases earlier) can usually be offered for an additional charge. Please request this at the time of booking or at least 24 hours prior to your arrival.
Check-out is to be completed by 10am on your day of departure unless 'Late check-out' has been purchased.
Late check-out (by 12pm/noon or as agreed in writing) can usually be offered for an additional charge. This request should be made at time of booking or at least 24 hours prior to your departure.
Please note that last-minute late check-out requests or overstays may incur an additional hourly charge, over and above the standard Late check-out fee, as housekeepers cannot generally be rescheduled without sufficient notice.
Cleaning at departure - Guest Responsibilities
Where a cleaning cost is included in the booking total, this amount covers the standard clean time indicated in the listing and arrival information. Additional costs will apply in the event of any unreasonable/excessive cleaning and rubbish removal, beyond the standard clean time.
Additional time is charged at a rate of $45.00/hour + GST. Costs will be billed based on the additional time taken and any relevant dumping fees.
- Leave the property tidy with dishes done & linen left on beds & towels on bathroom floors
- Clean BBQ & oven if used during the stay (cleaning equipment provided)
- Turn off all heating/cooling & non-essential running appliances
- Ensure the property is locked & keys etc returned
- Please leave a note or contact us if anything has been broken or lost during the stay or if there are maintenance issues requiring our attention
- Excessive amounts of rubbish &/or recycling should be disposed of at the refuse centre in Vivian Place, off Pascoe Street, Tahunanui.
Cleaning at departure - Holiday Nelson Housekeeper Responsibilities
- All surface cleaning, linen laundering & bed-making
- Removal of reasonable amounts of rubbish
- Recycling will be left for disposal on collection dates
A standard clean time has been established for each property & is generally communicated in the listing details & arrival instructions. Where the standard cleaning time is exceeded extra cleaning charges will apply.
The Guest shall not make noise or disturbance that amounts to a breach of peace, privacy or comfort of the neighbours. Guests must take care to avoid this at all times, with extra care required during late evening and early morning, especially where neighbouring homes are in close proximity to the accommodation.
- Breach of this condition may result in termination of the accommodation contract and charges to the bond.
- Some examples of noise or disturbance that may amount to a breach of peace include, but are not limited to, loud music, loud voices, engine noise, construction activity, vehicle activity, frequent coming and going or barking dogs.
- The existence of a breach of peace will be determined by neighbours in conjunction with Holiday Nelson.
- Where this rule is breached, the Guest will be held liable for any associated charges or damages arising from the breach, including, but not limited to Holiday Nelson time spent dealing with the breach and income loss to Holiday Nelson or the property owner in the event the breach affects Holiday Nelson or the property owner's right to continue to offer the property as accommodation.
Pets are generally welcome at homes listed as 'Pet friendly' and in some circumstances, exceptions may be made at other properties. Pet friendly homes may have specific terms listed under the 'Booking Conditions' section of the property listing page - such terms complement the following general terms:
- We require written notification of and information about your pet(s)' type, number, age, behaviour etc prior to, or at time of booking.
- Holiday Nelson reserves the right to cancel bookings where a pet stay gives us concern.
- Our acknowledgement and acceptance of your pet guest(s) are required before pets are permitted to stay.
- Well behaved pets are welcome inside, but please do not let them on to any furniture (unless you have brought your own rugs/sheets to cover the furniture).
- Pets must not be left unattended at properties (inside or outside) at any time.
- Before departure, guests are required to remove ALL TRACES of an animal being present at the property. This includes (but is not restricted to) any fur/hair, food, stains, smells. This also applies to any droppings around the property grounds - please complete a thorough check before you leave.
- Any damage caused during the stay must be repaired and reported to us when the damage occurs or is noticed. This includes damage to carpets, furniture, screens, paint work, gardens etc. Any applicable costs will be charged to you.
- Any additional time that is spent cleaning up after animals will be charged to you.
If you have any questions about these policies or the suitability of a home for you and your pet(s) please contact us to discuss.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information: Name & Job Title, Contact Information including email address, Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. To do this you need to opt in for this service. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998
If you believe that any information we have recorded is incorrect or incomplete, please notify us by email or phone as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Access to the property during a guest stay
In situations where complaints are raised by neighbours or concerns are held by the representatives of Holiday Nelson or property owners, Holiday Nelson reserves the right for Holiday Nelson staff or representatives to enter the property to ensure the property is being adequately cared for and to take any actions deemed necessary to protect the property and the wellbeing of guests and the property owners.
Rubbish & Recycling
- One 60L official blue rubbish bag or a wheelie bin for general rubbish will be provided per stay week along with two recycle bins.
- Rubbish & recycling collection day will be specified in your arrival information. It is your responsibility to ensure these are put at the curb if staying the night prior.
- Recycling collection type alternates each week from glass to others. A calendar is provided at the property or neighbours bins will show the correct type.
- Extra official blue rubbish bags can be purchased from any supermarket or dairy.
- At the end of your stay we will dispose of up to 1 full rubbish bag & 1 full bin worth of recycling without charge.
- If you have additional rubbish or recycling please take this to the transfer station at 6 Vivian Street, just off Pascoe Street in Tahunanui. Disposal is free if in blue bags or if recycling.